YatraDham.Org is committed to protecting your information. This privacy notice provides details about the information we collect about you, how we use it and how we protect it. It also explains how to contact us if you have questions about how we use your information.
Policy last updated: 1 November, 2018.
Information about CITES
In this privacy notice, references to “CITES”, “YatraDham.Org”, "we" or "us" or “our” are to Chanakyaa IT Enabled Services (henceforth CITES).
Scope of our privacy notice
This notice applies to anyone who interacts with us in relation to our products and services (“you”, “your”), via any channel (e.g. app, chat, website, email, phone, walk-ins to accommodations, booking an accommodation via a third-party travel agency, etc.). We may give you additional privacy notices if required for specific interactions.
If you book a stay through us at one of our partners’ Dharamshala, Sanatorium, Ashram, Niwas, Bhavan, guest houses, hotels and other lodgings (i.e. you stay at a property), that property manager / owner will use your personal data as shown in their privacy notice if there is any.
Ways in which we obtain personal information
We obtain personal information from you, third parties like property manager / owner and from travel agents and others who book accommodation for you.
Categories of personal information
We process two categories of personal information about you and/or, where applicable, others whom you have booked accommodation for, namely:
- Standard personal information (e.g. information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you); and
- Special categories of information (e.g. if you have indicated any other information like food preference or have chosen to let us know that you have a medical condition requiring special accommodations).
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice. Standard personal information is normally processed by us on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract, our or a third parties’ legitimate interests or law. Further information about this and special category processing grounds is set out below.
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including providing you with services, administering our relationship with you, for marketing and service/product improvement purposes and in order to exercise our rights or handle claims.
Marketing and Preferences
We use your personal information to send you marketing by post, telephone, social media platforms, email, SMS, application notifications and silent notifications to track installation status of the application. We may also use your personal information to carry out online paid marketing activities in the nature of retargeting.
We also use technology to help us understand your personal preferences and interests so that we can send recommendations and marketing communications that are likely to be of more interest to you. Using technology in this way is sometimes known as profiling.
If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you can always contact us at [email protected] to update your contact preferences. You may also object to profiling relating to direct marketing by contacting us at [email protected]
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Third parties provide us with audience measurement and analytics services that analyse your online interactions (both with the YatraDham.Org and other websites), serve you with tailored marketing and report on the performance of that marketing. We also use Google Place API to make suggestions based on your location or search strings
Sharing your information
We share your information within the CITES and with others who help us provide services to you (e.g. your accommodation provider).
- Other members of the CITES;
- With accommodation managers to enable them to provide the services you request, e.g. we share your name and expected check-in time;
- Third party suppliers who help deliver products or services, or who have partnered with CITES in connection with services or a relevant promotional offering, as well as other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- Your contact if you use a referral feature;
- The general public, if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are obviously viewable by the general public. For example, you may choose to use social sharing features and related tools which let you share your YatraDham.Org experience with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your social sharing service settings. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them;
- Third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. law enforcement officials, government authorities);
- With the police in the exercise of their functions or with others as required by a court order;
- Third parties where we (or any member(s) of the CITES) sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Third parties in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of the CITES Group’s business, in which case personal data held by it about its customers or visitors to the website may be one of the transferred assets.
- Other partners like PavitraTour providing additional travel related services.
Where we share your personal information, appropriate protections will be in place to protect your personal information. Sometimes, we may share information in an aggregated, pseudonymised and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
Transfers outside of your country
CITES uses global information systems. As a result, CITES transfers your personal information to a country outside of your country, including to India and Singapore, for the purposes set out in this policy.
We must retain your personal information for longer (e.g. if you make a claim in relation to a booking).
Data protection contacts
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to this notice, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Privacy Team at [email protected].
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.