Summer Holiday Destinations in India
- Summer is the hottest of all the four seasons. The long days and short nights in summer. Schools and colleges have a break in these days for the advantage of warmer and the longest days. No doubt India’s summer is very hot and challenging.
- But it is not the same over the entire country and there are some cool and great place to spend your hot summer holidays or vacations at. Beaches is the place, one gets in mind to visit during summer to chill in the warm atmosphere.
- ” Or how about huge and cold mountains, sounds great right! “ Whatever is going through your mind but summer is the best season to go out and chill.
- Here are some of the amazing summer destinations by yatradham you must visit. Also, you can book your Accommodations from yatradham.org for these places.
Summer Holiday Destinations in Shimla
This city was loved so much by the Britishers that they made this city as their summer capital during 1864. The weather here is the most pleasant during the summer. During winter the weather is cold and sometimes the snowfall. The Location of the Shimla is at a height of 2200 meters. It is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and the largest city of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is often covered with nearby towns of Kurfi.
How to reach Shimla?
- It is a famous huge palace and for the highest cricket ground in the world. Shimla is well connected to many cities. It also has an airport, but there are not many daily flights. It is just 4 hours from Chandigarh.
- There are various trains that connect Shimla to many cities and the train also connects to the famous Kalka-Shimla train route.
Summer Holiday Destinations in Jammu
Jammu is the city of temples. The land of grand ancient temples. Most of the tourists come here to visit the Vaishno Devi temple. The other major tourist attraction is the Ragunath Temple. The largest temple in North India devoted to Lord Ram.
Bahu Mata, the dargah of Peer, Gauri Kund temple, Shudh Mahadev temple, Shudh Mahadev temple, Peer Khoh Cave Temple, Ranbireshwar temple are the tourist attraction in Jammu. Sheesh, Mahal is an amazing place in Jammu. The Pink Hall of the palace now houses the Dogra Art Museum, which has miniature paintings of the various hill schools. The museum also has the handwritten Persian manuscripts of the Shahnama and Sikandernama.
Besides, having many tourist attraction it is one of the best natural place surrounded by the Mountains, rivers and best atmosphere. One should never miss to visit this place once.
That is why it is said to be “Heaven on the Earth”
How to reach Jammu?
- One can easily reach Jammu by air, rail, and road. There are a number of flights to Jammu airport.
- There are trains from many cities of India to Jammu and the longest connection is from Jammu to Kanyakumari which leads to most of the cities of India.
- One can also reach Jammu by road as Jammu has well connected with major Highways.
Summer Holiday Destinations in Mount Abu
Mount Abu is one of the destinations that people visit during the whole year. It is located at the peak of Aravalli hills and this is the only hill station in Rajasthan. It is located in the Sirohi district and 475 KM from Jaipur. Mount Abu is surrounded by the rivers, Lakes, waterfalls, Forests. The mount Abu Mountains were used by the Rajputana kingdom and were used as a resort for the royal Rajputana family. Accommodation is available at a reasonable price but, I will suggest to book in advance because people visit during the whole year. It was the summer capital for the Rajputana rulers. The temperature is very warm in summer and best for the outdoor activities in Mount Abu.
How to reach Mount Abu?
- The nearest airport is Udaipur. Flights from all over India are available for Udaipur. Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mumbai and many other cities of India direct the flight to Udaipur. It is 165 KM approx from Udaipur to Mount Abu.
- There is a direct bus available from Udaipur. Abu railway station is 25 KM away from Mount Abu.
- One can reach by rail and then can hire a private taxi to Mount Abu. By road one can travel by own vehicle or by private transport service. There are many private bus service from all over India is available to Mount Abu. You may choose your own comfort.
Summer Holiday Destinations in Dehradun
Dehradun is known for its natural resources, it is the capital of the Uttrakhand. Also one of the oldest cities of India. It is the gateway to the Mussourie and pilgrimage spot of Haridwar and Rishikesh. It is located in the Doon Valley on the foothills of the Himalayas. Dehradun is famous for its beautiful landscape and milder climate which remains the same throughout the year. It is the spot of sacred temples, Rivers, Canals. Enjoy the famous sport of Golf here. Also, you can visit Mussorie if you are visiting Dehradun. It is also popular for activities like char Dham routes, Christmas and new year.
How to reach Dehradun?
- Dehradun Jolly Grant airport is 31 KM away from the city and connects the flights from all the major cities of India, and from the airport, you can easily hire a cab to the city.
- The Railway station is 2 KM away from the city and connects all the trains from major cities like Ahmadabad, Delhi, Mumbai and more.
- By road, there are various private transport that provides the facility to reach Dehradun and if you are traveling by own vehicle it is also great as there is great connectivity of road from the Major cities around India. Also, Taxis are available from Uttrakhand and Delhi to Dehradun.